Looking forward to tomorrow!

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Girls night out

Some of my girlfriends and I went out last night for a girls night out. It has been so long since I have had one of those without any children, as much as I love my children sometimes is does get a little overwhelming. At those times I usually go to Wal-Mart all by myself after Scott gets home from work. I forgot how great it is to have girls night out. When we move back home I'll need to make sure to have these with my girlfriends there.
Sometimes I think having girlfriends is way better than seeing a councler, because girlfriends know who you are, they understand completly, and when they don't they know that whatever questions they ask are not going to be offisive because a special bond is shared.
My girlfriends here have truly become my sisters. I will miss them all so very much. I made the comment last night that, by the end of the year the 4 of us there, Melissa, Traci, Lehilina and myself, would all be in differant states. We are headed to Utah, Traci is going to Nevada, Lehilina is going to be in Texas and Melissa's husband is trying to get a job here in Montana. We'll have to make a "childhood" pact to be sure to get together at least once a year to keep eachother updated on our lives.
It was so wonderful Traci, Melissa and I stayed up talking until around midnight. I'm sure our husbands were all wondering what happened. I find so much peace, comfort and a little less pain when I can talk about Caleb, and all three of us in our own unique way has or is very concerned about the welfare of our children. When we talk about the experiences we are having with our children it tends to turn into a discussion on the gosple, and how wonderful it is to have the comforter in our lives.
I am so greatful for the gosple of Jesus Christ in my life. I have felt the peace and love and absolute joy that awaits us. I find so much peace in knowing the plan of salvation that our loving Heavely Father has for us.
My heart has been so full with gratitude to my Heavenly Father, that he would allow me to create the body Caleb needed to fulfill his mission here on earth, and that he sent David to me at the same time to keep me busy and also be a constant reminder that I need to teach him and Ethan the things they need to know so they can be with their brother again, and that He sent me Ethan first so I would have a clue what I was doing before being thrown into this whirlwind.

5 comments:

Lewieville said...

I love you!!!

Bad Mama & Papa said...

You brought tears to my eyes and some very special and tender memories from so long ago. Our little angel would have been 24 this year and he has been a source of encouragement and strength to us. He has given us the desire to live good enough to be with him some day. Be glad you had the time you did with him.

Lewieville said...

Seve, that last comment was from my mom in case you didn't know!!

Anna said...

Hiya Seve. Just saying hi on your blog so you can see the link to my blog.

I know you're going to be leaving some good friends up there, but I'm excited to be able to hang out with you down here again.

Lehilina Marlow said...

That really was a fun night! I'm so jealous that you ladies were out together so much later and talking it up!!! I love talking!!! But I guess it was better that I got home and rested up since my allergies had been so bad! I'm also sad that you're leaving already!!! It's been too short of a time since we've actually been able to hang out! I wish we had done more of that more frequently. You're a great inspiration, Seve, and I'm going to miss you. Thanks for being my friend and for being such a wonderful example of faith, love, and joy.