Looking forward to tomorrow!

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I have the sweetest son!

Today I had an appointment with a councler so I left the boys with my friend Anna, she has 2 kids just a little older than Ethan. She said after picking them up that Ethan had alot of fun with her little girl Olivia. She must have had a great impact on him, because, I was nursing David and Ethan looked at me and said "Pretty", so I asked "What's pretty?" "Mommy Pretty" was his response. It made me feel like the queen of the world, at least I am of his little world! Then he leaned over the arm of the couch and said "Princess" again I said "who's a princess?" He repeated "Mommy Princess". I love that he is starting to make little sentences, to see what is going on in his head. He has to try a couple of times if he is trying to put several words together but he does it.
He is just growing up so fast, We have seriously started potty training, we've got the "tinkle" down pretty good, but he comes and tells me "poopoo" "Ethan you need to go poopoo?" "Big poopoo" "You need to make a big poopoo? Run to the potty chair." "Big poopoo diaper" I guess at least he tells me, so he knows what he's suppose to do, so now if I can just get him to tell me before he goes. But our goal was by his 2nd birthday, we have til November 2nd, so we might just make it!
I told me girlfriends last weekend that because Ethan's first birthday was just the 3 of us, I'm going to do the whole birthday party for him on Sat. the 1st of November. I think it will be alot of fun, we'll see if he makes a bigger mess with his cake this time. Since last time he sat for about 20 minutes poking holes in his cake until you couldn't tell what it looked like.
David is doing so great I really need to get some pictures posted, he is getting so big and he smiles at everything! He hates his tummy time so it might be a while still until he really gets the idea of rolling over, if he relaxes he almost gets it, but he gets so mad he screams and arches his back, and he really can't do much when only 1 square inch of his belly is touching the floor.
He started on solids 2 weeks ago! Every time I feed him he puckers up his face in discust as if to say "What is this grabage" so until we passed the first few days on cereal I added a little sugar thinking that might intice him more, not one bit. Now that we have tried apples, peaches and pears added to it he only makes the face for the first few bits, then by the time we're done he is so happy, and FAT, he will eat and eat until his little belly looks like it's going to explode.
Scott is absolutly loving his new job. He said it is exactly what he has been looking for, so we might be staying here for a while. He was even on the computer tonight looking at houses, I wish we could afford one, I'm really hoping that at his 90 day review they will say they're paying him to little and give him a good raise. Because I really want to move out of this basement, but I also don't want to go back to work to pay for rent, but it just might come down to that, Walmart might start looking like a great place again if we're still here in a few more months, I would love to go back to dental assisting, but with the kids, there is no way I'm going to put them in daycare.
Like I said earlier I went to see a councler today. It was in my opinion awful. We talked about my mom for the whole hour, and I came away feeling like a very selfish, needy person. But I think she may be a little right, through her divorce I haven't been very compationate. I have kindof had the attitude, that since she filed, she got what she deserved. Especially now with all the court stuff she is going through.
Please respond to this, I think I am a little selfish, unsympatheic, and not very compassionate to other peoples problems, I expect a shoulder to always be there, but I don't lend mine very often. I have a hard time connecting to how others are feeling. This is deffinantly something I need to work on. But she did tell me that I need to comfront my mom, very gently and tell her what I expect from our relationship, that I need to paint a very clear picture. So I'd better wright it all down before I start. If we can have a bette understanding of where eachother stands maybe we can both be a little happier. At least we would know what to expect from eachother, and maybe it will be a deal breaker, but, I just need her to be a little less critical of people, especially people she has only met once or twice. I'm talking about one specific person, she met when she came to Montana when I had the twins, then again at the funeral, I made a comment to her that I had learned alot about being a mom from this person and how much I admired her. My mom then told me that when she talked to this person at Caleb's funeral that this person couldn't possibly like her kids, because she told my mom about the many ways she tries to get away from her kids and dump them on her husband. I know this person very well, she is one of my dearest friends, and if she leaves her kids all tucked in bed and goes grocery shopping with me after a long day of being a stay at home mom, I don't think that qualifies as "dumping" them on her husband. I just amazes me how out of context my mom can relate things.
Sorry I really tried to make this post a little more light hearted, I started out that way, but look at it now, Oh well, one thing at a time.

3 comments:

Lewieville said...

I think I know who that person is... but I don't take anything your mom says as personal, she doesn't know me. And you are not a selfish person! You are always there for me whenever I need you, and I am sure you were there for me when your mom said something about me :) I love you no matter what, I swear I will call you when I get a free minute! Love you tons.

Mommy Melissa said...

First off, I don't think you are selfish either. But there are times in our lives when we get absorbed in the needs of OUR family. It's part of being the mama bear.
Next, Reed hated tummy time too. I wonder if it has something to do with being early and tiny. He would throw such a fit that would move himself clear across his blanket. I would let Boe pick him up when he'd made it across, but not before. He turned out alright in the end. So I wouldn't sweat it.
I'm glad Scott is liking his job. that had to make things a little easier to deal with when he's not coming home frustrated all the time. I hope things can work out so you can get into a house without having to go back to work, or at least without having to work too much.

Unknown said...

I can understand alot of what you are saying. I hope things get better. Sometimes we just need "our little family" more than we need the big family. I would love to help you sometime, please call me. Jenn H